Jonathan Santlofer is an artist and award-winning author, most recently of THE LAST MONA LISA and THE LOST VAN GOGH (Jan. 2). He is the winner of the Nero Award for Best Crime Novel of 2009 and the recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts grants. He has been a Visiting Artist at the American Academy In Rome, the Vermont Studio Center, and serves on the board of Yaddo, one of the oldest arts communities in the U.S. He was the creator and director of the Center For Fiction’s CRIME FICTION ACADEMY, the only program devoted exclusively to crime writing. He has taught Crime Fiction Writing, the graphic novel and Drawing in Pratt Institute’s Creative Writing program, Columbia University and The New School. He has given numerous workshops at writing conferences and festivals and has been a sought after lecturer at colleges, universities and museums across the country, among them the Whitney Museum of American Art, MOMA, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and LA MOCA.
Also a well-known artist, Jonathan’s work has been exhibited in more than 200 exhibitions worldwide and is included in numerous private, corporate and public collections, among them the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY, Art Institute of Chicago, IL, the Newark Museum, NJ, and Tokyo’s Institute of Contemporary Art, Japan.
He lives in New York City where he writes and paint.
If you're attending the event:
- A copy of the author's new book must be purchased from MBTB in order to obtain a line number and get anything signed.
- Line Numbers for the event will be available starting the day the book goes on sale, but you can preorder at any time and we'll pull a number for you when the book is released.
- Seating and parking are first come, first served.
- If you're unsure you can make the event and would like your copy personalized / inscribed, please include personalization information in the order comments.
- Our signing policies can be found here.
If you can't make an event and need to order signed copies:
- If you would like your copy personalized, please include inscription information in the order comments.
- If your order contains a preorder, it will not ship until it's complete. If you would prefer to have your books shipped as they're released we recommend placing separate orders or ordering in batches with similar release dates.
- Signed / personalized copies won't ship until after the event. You'll receive tracking info from stamps.com
THE NATIONAL BESTSELLER!
"Ingeniously plotted, irresistibly readable, brimming with inside information about the high-stakes art world of theft, forgery, and murder...Also included are brilliantly rendered drawings by the author, who is as accomplished an artist as he is a writer of suspense thrillers." —Joyce Carol Oates
ONE OF PEOPLE MAGAZINE'S BEST BOOKS OF SUMMER!
"Unstoppable what-happens-next momentum."—Michael Connelly, #1 New York Times bestselling author
"A deliciously tense read."—Ruth Ware, #1 New York Times bestselling author